The footy offseason is full of anticipation and rumours and hopes and dreams and symptoms of withdrawal. One of the main features of anticipation is the wait for the new season’s fixture list to be released. And just the other day the FA released the 2013/14 fixtures to the masses.
It seems a bit silly, but with nothing else to really hope for until the official transfer season starts on July 1st, we need something footy-related to shit our pants about. There are a few key highlights to look at about the new season….
- Liverpool only faces ONE top 6 team from last year in the first 9 games of their season, and that is Manchester United on August 31st, at Anfield. Here, have a cookie Liverpool.
- Manchester United, on the other hand, will face Man City and Liverpool away and Chelsea at home all within the first 5 games. Welcome to Manchester David Moyes.
- Chelsea open their season at home with newly promoted Hull City coming to town. They then have it relatively easy until they face fellow London club Tottenham on Sept. 28.
- Man City also get to drag ass through the first few weeks facing Newcastle, Cardiff City, Hull, and Stoke before the Manchester Derby on the 21st of September.
- Arsenal have a mixed bag of matches in the first few weeks – Aston Villa, Fulham, Spurs, Sunderland, Stoke – with the highlight being the North London derby on the 31st of August.
So get ready folks, not long to go now. August 17th is your kick-off. And we still have plenty of transfer rumours to keep your dick hard until then.