The Guardian: Marseille have apologised to Paris Saint-Germain and ordered their midfielder Joey Barton to end his Twitter attack on Thiago Silva, in which he likened the club’s Brazilian defender to an “overweight ladyboy”. The Ligue 1 leaders PSG on Wednesday evening expressed their unhappiness with Barton’s “unacceptable remarks” and threatened to “take action” against the former England international.
Censorship! Censorship! Viva la Joey Barton! He is on a one-man twitter mission and I’m really starting to enjoy it! As long as he stays away from David Beckham, I’m all for him exercising his right to say whats on his mind. What are Marseille and PSG trying to do here? Freedom of Speech is Freedom of Speech. I even googled the French constitution, and according to article 11:
The free communication of thoughts and of opinions is one of the most precious rights of man: any citizen thus may speak, write, print freely, save [if it is necessary] to respond to the abuse of this liberty, in the cases determined by the law.
Calling Thiago Silva an overweight lady-boy might be considered “abusing” his rights to freedom of speech, but come on, really? Don’t get your lady-boy panties in a bunch PSG. Joey Barton twitter rants have almost become a weekly feature here at CotW, and it better stay that way. I’m looking forward to see who he targets next. So far his monthly rants are as follows:
- David Beckham: “He Doesn’t out the fear of God in me anyone”
- Ibra: “He has a large nose”
- Justin Bieber “He looks like a little bird with earrings; he’s a smack addiction waiting to happen”
- Bieber/Neymar: “He’s the Justin Bieber of football; brilliant on youtube, and cat piss in reality”
- Thiago Silva: “Have to take back what I said about Thiago Silva being over rated today. Been immense tonight. Still looks like a overweight ladyboy though!”