Fernando Torres scores and Gareth Bale continues to prove his worth.
And by proving his worth, I mostly mean that since he didn’t play and was not included on the team sheet at all, Tottenham nearly blew a 3-0 aggregate lead at Inter Milan. Just further proof that Gareth Bale is the greatest human being on the planet.
And how about Nando! Poor old guy finally scores a goal. I mean naturally he fucked up in a multitude of ways, but he scored! That’s good, right? He’s back on track!? We’ll see the old Nando?? Mehhhhh probably not….
Whelp, he’s a quick round up from the most recent Europa League action:
- Basel 0 – 1 Zenit: Basel advance
- Rubin Kazan 2 – 0 Levantte: Rubin score two in extra’s to eliminate Levante
- Lazio 3 – 1 Stuttgart: Lazio easily put aside Stuttgart to move on
- Fenerbahce 1 – 1 Victoria Plzen: The Turks edge past Plzen (who?) to advance
- Bordeaux 2 – 3 Benfica: The Portuguese through on the night
- Newcastle United 1 – 0 Anzhi: Cisse at the death to put the Magpies through
- Inter Milan 4 – 1 Tottenham: Adebayor to the rescue as Spurs squeak past Inter
- Chelsea 3 – 1 Steaua Bucharest: Chelsea wrestle back to eliminate the Romanians
Go look up the highlights yourself you bums, I don’t care enough and it’s Friday.