This time of the year always makes me wish that I was still an undergrad and could get away with all things socially unacceptable. Champions League footy trumped all; school, family, girlfriends, showering etc. During this time, my schedule looked something like this:
- 10 am: Wake up(miss 2 classes already)
- 10:15 am: Rally all of my friends together
- 10:30 am: Make bacon/egg/cheese sandwiches
- 10:32 am: Toilet: Due to bacon/egg/cheese sandwiches
- 11:00 am: Crack open an 18 pack with buddies
- 11:30 am: Miss 3rd and final class of the day
- 12:00 pm: Order pizza
- 12:30 pm: Roast the vaporizer
- 12:35 pm: Pizza Delivery Arrives
- 12:37pm: Toilet: Due to Meat-Lovers pizza from Dominos
- 12:45pm – 2:30pm: Play 10 games of FIFA 2009 in a round-robin format while working the vaporizer
- 2:45pm: Sit and watch in awe as the most beautiful song ever plays from my television set.
I’ve often thought about changing my ringtone to this, but then I realized that I really don’t know how to even do that anymore with an iPhone. Seemed a lot easier back in the day when we all had flip phones. But I digress. The days of sitting on my friends couch for 8 hours simply because it was a Match Day are clearly over. Now I have to settle for finding online streams that will work from my cubicle and cramming it all into my lunch break/watch it for the rest of my day at the office while trying to actually get work done. It’s a constant juggling act, but in the end I’d say it’s worth it.